Formation Architects is looking for a full-time document controller to assist in the smooth and efficient delivery of the design work and carry out administrative tasks for the project co-ordinators.
• Manage all incoming and outgoing drawings and technical documents (RFI’s, EAI’s, TS’s, CAI’s etc.) issued via a range of external & internal FTP sites/servers (Aconex, Asite, Conject, 4Projects, Procore).
• Save all incoming and outgoing drawing and document files to the network using our clear and concise file-naming process.
• Prepare returned drawing submittal sheets (workflows) for all consultant and sub-contractor drawings and return these with comments/mark-ups.
• Liaise with project architects to manage and control the numbering, filing, sorting, issuing and retrieving of electronic/hard copy documentation all in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
• Supersede old electronic and hard copy consultant and sub-contractor drawings with new revisions.
• Assist project architects by monitoring project workflows, anticipating busy periods/deadlines and advise teams accordingly.
• Assist project architects in collating and coordinating drawings and technical documents in preparation for issue.
• Update trackers for the issuing Drawings
• Assist project architects by printing/scanning/stamping/distributing drawings and technical documents to internal and external recipients in electronic and paper form, as and when required.
• Provide information and advice on document control procedures to all project architects ensuring the team comply with the companies standard filing protocols for numbering and saving documents, formal drawings, sketches, schedules and specifications.
• Maintain a consistent system for archiving document-controlled project-related data.
• Internal staff software training as and when needed.
• Maintaining and policing the filing system.
• Keep filing code reference document up to date.
• Any other reasonable duties as directed by the team leaders.
Skills & Experience
• Be confident in using a range of FTP sites/servers such as Aconex, Asite, Conject, 4Projects, Procore.
• Prior understanding and knowledge of the construction industry is highly desirable.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• General computer and admin skills.
• Excellent written and numerical skills together with an articulate and diplomatic manner.
Formation Architects is an AJ100 company based at the Oval in London. It is set up as an Employee Ownership Trust (see website for details) and prides itself on nurturing and encouraging its staff to develop within the company. The advantages of the company’s ethos as an EOT, alongside an interesting package of benefits, make it a particularly attractive proposition for those seeking to establish their architectural careers.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to join our friendly, professional team, please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via our company website.
Salary negotiable – subject to experience.