Formation Architects a London based architectural practice wish to appoint a full-time Document Controller.The role would require reporting to the Directors and Associates and also working with the wider teams across the office on a range of projects.
Required skills and qualifications:
• Document controlling experience
• Be confident in using a range of FTP sites/servers such as Aconex, Asite, Conject, 4Projects, Procore
• Prior understanding and knowledge of the construction industry is highly desirable
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• General computer and admin skills
• Excellent written and numerical skills together with an articulate and diplomatic manner Commitment:
• A personal and professional pro-active attitude is required
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to manage time and workload efficiently
• The ability to cope with conflicting demands, prioritise duties whilst working under pressure
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Set up and maintain project specific filing system and workflows in relation to document control and information management.
• Manage all incoming and outgoing drawings and technical documents (RFI’s, EAI’s, TS’s, CAI’s etc.) issued via a range of external & internal FTP sites/servers (Aconex, Asite, Conject, 4Projects, Procore).
• Be a confident and competent user of Aconex & Asite.
• Save all incoming and outgoing drawing and document files to the network using FA’s clear and concise file-naming process.
• Take responsibility for managing and tracking of project information, including creating an audit trail of all internal and external project information
• Manage RFIs and Submittals in a timely and accurate manner, including setting up registers and tracking process to ensure responses are sent in due time and in line with agreed contract.
• Prepare returned drawing submittal sheets (workflows) for all consultant and sub-contractor drawings, and return these with FA comments/mark-ups.
• Liaise with project architects to manage and control the numbering, filing, sorting, issuing and retrieving of electronic/hard copy documentation all in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
• Supersede old electronic and hard copy consultant and sub-contractor drawings with new revisions. This ensures that everyone is working from the most up-to-date drawings.
• Assist project architects by monitoring project workflows, anticipating busy periods/deadlines and advise teams accordingly.
• Assist project architects in collating and coordinating drawings and technical documents in preparation for issue.
• Update trackers for the issuing of FA Drawings or the returns of FA Comments.
• Assist project architects by printing/scanning/stamping/distributing drawings and technical documents to internal and external recipients in electronic and paper form, as and when required.
• Provide information and advice on document control procedures to all project architects ensuring the team comply with FA’s standard filing protocols for numbering and saving documents, formal drawings, sketches, schedules and specifications.
• Maintain a consistent system for archiving document-controlled project-related data.
• Participate in Internal staff software training as and when needed.
• Maintaining and policing the filing system. Keep filing code reference document up to date.
• Carry out Audits in relation to document controlling & project information filing
• Assist with collating and feeding project related data into FA’s project management system (RAPPORT)
• Assist with project invoicing and collections
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to apply to join our friendly, professional team, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back from us within 21 days, consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies. In accordance with GDPR, by applying for this position you give us your consent to process your data in-line with our Privacy and Data Protection Policies.